More states are jumping on the legalize cannabis train and creating a demand for new cannabis strains. With product demands going up comes new products, new growers, and new technology for the cannabis community to enjoy.
Here’s a look at some newer cannabis strains for 2021:
- Gushers: Just as the name suggests, these strains are gushing with flavor and aroma. They can have a THC range of 15-25% so make sure to check the label before lighting up. While Gushers aren’t new to Californians, it’s a popular staple and is still making its way east. Currently, breeders are working to make some new Gusher strains, so stay tuned.
- Gelonade: This is a highly anticipated strain is a combination of Lemon tree and Gelato #41. It is sweet and has sticky lemon terpenes mixed with a cookie flavor. It’s reported to have an uplifting effect and a citrus taste.
- Sherblato: This is a cross between Sherbert and Gelato. Known for high THC averaging 22%. Reported to provide a happy, relaxed feeling. Not recommended for new users because it can have a very intense high.
- Apple Fritter: Apple flavors are on the rise in 2021. Many breeders are currently working on new crosses using Apple Fritter. Be on the lookout for Cherry Jane, Sherly Temple, and Atomic Apple.
- Kush Mints: This strain is a cross of Animal Mints and Bubba Kush. Reported to cause a creative and relaxed high. An added bonus of the mint flavor is the refreshing effects on your breath.
- Jungle Cake: A cross of White Fire #43 and Wedding Cake, this strain is extremely strong! It averages 30% THC content! Reported to create a pleasant but very powerful high. This one is not recommended for new users. Experienced users reported an uplifting and relaxed high.
- Garanimals: Anyone that loves Animal Cookies will enjoy this new strain. It is a cross between Grape Pie and Animal Cookies. Users will enjoy its relaxing properties. Make sure to stock up on snacks before lighting this strain up. Reported to taste delicious and create a fully relaxed high with just one toke.
- Ice Cream Cake: A cross of Wedding Cake and Gelato #33 gives this strain a sweet and powerful high with a 23% THC content. Wedding Cake remains one of the most popular strains in the world and many breeders have an Ice Cream Cake in their genetic library.
California is at the forefront of new strain development and release. Many of the strains listed may not be new to Californians but they are quickly sweeping the nation and are being introduced to many states on the east coast for the first time.
Where To Find Them
These strains are in high demand and may be difficult to find. Cannabis-finding apps can help you locate the strains you’re looking for. Also, your budtender at Strain dispensary will be able to give you information about finding the newest strains. Look for promotions and special deals with the launch of new products.